Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Open Gardens in Johannesburg


Gardens of the Golden City is a "volunteer organisation who work hard to get privately owned gardens to be opened to the public to view during our spring and summer months. A nominal fee is charged per person which goes towards a worthy cause (one of the many pre-nominated charities - all info on their website).
For me these events are fantastic in that I get to take 100's of pictures and enjoy someone else's amazing garden, and believe me they are all beautiful in their own right, but some, well... are truly spectacular, and all this whilst supporting a worthy cause!!


I recently posted an article on Vintage Rose as to why I enjoy attending the "open garden season season (spring and summer) - for more pictures and details, click here.


For more information on the organisation and forthcoming gardens, click here.

No comments:

Linked within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin