Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Autumn Hydrangeas


Hydrangeas are fascinating blooms ... they appear at first quite pale and develop their individual
colour over days and weeks ...... some retaining a pale colour spectrum, whilst others
 a vivid pink, blue or even lilac/ lavender shade.
 Each flower head is massive and yet is made up of tiny inividual flowers
(click here to view my summer post of the same mydrangea).
As they age, the colour, again fades and orange/ brown tones take over .....
These hydrangea heads are what's left in our garden .... still quite vivid, but very evidently
taking on autumn/ winter shades.

View more macros here and here
and more Flowers here

Image(s) All Rights Reserved
Copyright 2010 Gena D Images for thinking aloud
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Kala said...

Lovely detail and color Gena.

Anonymous said...

Snap! I've also been setting aside pics for a post on autumn hydrangeas! Jack

Anonymous said...

wow they are gorgeous, love the colours

Vicki said...

Great colour. I'm used to seeing blue hydrangers so this is a little unusual for me.

Ed said...

Great shots, have fun on holiday.:-)

Janet said...

Why oh Why can't I get to grow hydrangeas in my garden? Not even the common old garden ones and yours are such an unusual colour! Lovely!

Hootin Anni said...

Such a rich warm color of blossom!!

My Macro Lantana is HERE I do hope you can stop by to visit with me today.

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is so beautiful. I'd love to see the whole bush.

I love hydrangeas. I planted three a few years ago and only one has lived and it is only a foot tall, but lots of leaves. Any tips?

stacey said...

Gorgeous! You really captured the beautiful color tones of these flowers.

Kim, USA said...

I like the color it's not the usual we see all the time. Great macro shot! Happy Monday!

MM~My Iris

"Lillagul" said...

Lovely autumn colors on the Hydrangeas !
They sure are great flowers that change theire colors the way they do :)
In Swedish they are called Hortensia.
Have a nice day :)

chasity said...

these are amazing gena...
some of my favorites of yours~
especially the top one.
wow.

Unknown said...

I'm not fond of the purple hydrageas, but I love the color of these! Amazing~

flowerweaver said...

I like the color of these, too. Great capture!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Lovely rich earthy colors, beautiful photos, I really enjoyed them:)

Linked within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin