Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Penelope Cruz - an icon in her own right?

I came across these two pictures (above & below) of Penelope Cruz, in which at first glance she reminded me so much of the gorgeous Audrey Hepburn, one of my all time favorite style icons. I did a bit of research on Penelope, and, boy without much effort, found numerous pictures and articles, and what an amazing array there are ......depicting her as she is, to vixen, to innocent girl, to a fashion icon, to ... well pretty much the whole array.

I'm not going to say too much, since I am certain that anything I say, has already been said and/ or written about her, but my point is, this lady is gorgeous and very adaptable too, having taken on a number of movie roles and represented (and still does) a number of brands such as Mango and L'Oreal, to name just two.


Of course, let's not forget that she is a Spanish born actress, who still speaks with a rather heavy Spanish accent. But despite which, she's taken on Hollywood and sure conveys her roles with great gusto! I'm thinking here in particular of her most recent role in "Vicki Cristina Barcelona", in which she plays a deranged wife. I so enjoyed her in the role, it was both funny and sad, but played with such intensity that you didn't for a moment doubt her energy and enthusiasm for taking on the controversial role. If you haven't seen the movie, do yourself a favor and see it (link below) - you won't regret it... promise!

Despite the "sexy kitten" image, Penelope conveys an air of "certainty" or tenacity or even determination, if you will - she is most definitely not a fool.
And then, of course, the lady is extremely stylish and in my mind certainly a fashion icon in her own right, after all, she has a look that girls aspire to and boys adore!


Link/ info on Vicki Cristina Barcelona (movie): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0497465/


Photo credits:



No comments:

Linked within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin